Chambers Europe/ Global 2018: The firm
- Clients appreciate the team’s “attention to detail and entrepreneurial attitude to serve the client..
Clients are particularly impressed by the lawyers’ dedicated and enterprising approach. One source enthuses: “I like their consistency and the attention. In addition to being quick and pragmatic, they understand the business and come up with commercially viable solutionsâ€œ.
Sources praise the team for its “great quality and caring about customer satisfaction.
One interviewee highlights the firm’s cross-border capabilities and states that “the firm has the relevant resources and knowledge of tax matters in the Netherlands and in other EU jurisdictions.
Sources praise the lawyers’ “willingness to be flexible with time and availability.
Chambers Europe/ Global 2018: Key individuals
- Piet Boonstra is according to “sources solution-oriented,” and he has “good technical knowledge for assessing the key issues and risks of cases.” His focus is on the international side of tax, including cross-border matters related to M&A transactions, IPOs and private equity funds.
- Marc van CampenÂ is noted by market commentators for his“private equity focus,”particularly in the mid-market. He specialises in cross-border private equity investments and clients appreciate his market expertise. One source comments:“He has impressive experience and knowledge of efficient private equity structures, and is a great asset in the firm.”
- Marcello Distaso predominantly advises on tax issues related to investment funds and has a particular emphasis on structuring private equity deals. His work routinely includes cross-border matters, and clients praise his contributions on understanding local implications in foreign transactions, particularly in regard to Italy, where Distaso is also qualified to practice. Also Marcello Distaso is
recognised for advising on the tax aspects of alternative investment fund structuring and is heralded by clients as “a very knowledgeable lawyer who is also very pleasant.”He advised Ardian on the purchase of portfolios of investment funds from institutional investors, totalling over EUR1 billion.
- Edwin Liem specialises in venture capital, joint ventures and private equity transactions. He recently advised the Dutch branch of TIP Trailer Services on it
s acquisition of Twan Heetkamp Trailers. According to clients, he is “knowledgeable, effective and provides great customer service.
- Maurits Tausk advises on fund formation and assisted Akina Partners with the structuring, formation, and interim and final closings of four of its funds. One source praises his“practical, pragmatic and creative” advice and adds:“He’s also extremely diplomatic and just gets things done for the client.”